Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline
and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the Role
Reporting to the Distribution Manager the Supervisor is responsible for management, execution, and evaluation of Distribution activities, ensuring effective and efficient people and process management, in an environment which fully recognizes the benefits of operating in accordance with quality principles.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manages the Distribution staff performing Distribution activities to ensure effective and efficient use of resources in a positive working environment in which staff feel empowered, challenged and engaged.
- Performance Management, up to, and including, discipline and hiring/termination of employees.
- Oversees the daily operations of aspects of the Distribution process and is responsible to ensure that processes are performed effectively, efficiently and safely.
- At a local level, participates in an integrated supply chain to enable the organization to deliver on the requirements of the Distribution Plan.
- Provides input to the Manager, Distribution, on annual budget for approval in accordance with guidelines.
- Participates in developing business cases for new initiatives in the Capital Planning process.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Performs work in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Blood Services’ Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and ensures that employees are aware and comply with all the Corporate Health and Safety Policies and procedures. Ensures ongoing monitoring and reporting of all occupational health and safety issues in the workplace.
||Canadian Blood Services
|Posting Start Date:
||Qualifications, Education and Required Skills:
To apply visit, blood.ca/careers
- Post-secondary level education in a scientific or business discipline from a recognized academic institution in a science, engineering, or business discipline.
- 5 or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or Team Lead capacity.
- Experience in a regulatory environment.
- Experience leading unionized employees and managing within a Collective Agreement.
- Experience scheduling staff working multiple shift patterns an asset.
- Operational experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Quality Assurance environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of LEAN principles is essential.
- A proven track record of successful change implementation.
- Ability to perform formal Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience of CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventative Action) is essential.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team building skills including constructive conflict resolution and coaching.
- Passion for achieving results and satisfying the customer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet development, is essential.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team member in a multi-disciplinary and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
||This listing expires on: 12/9/2023