Intermodal Transportation Manager
Are you ready to drive results for the best fleet in Eastern Ontario? Tiger Trucking is growing again and we’re looking for an experienced transportation manager to join one of Canada’s largest iconic retail brands as the Intermodal Transportation Manager!
Reporting to the Senior Transportation Manager, the Intermodal Transportation Manager will be responsible for hands-on management of intermodal and drayage freight activities of the company in support of regional and network wide logistics operations. This will involve management of the asset based intermodal fleet as well as direct engagement with third party logistics partners, to ensure timely freight bookings and container supply is in place to support the needs of the business, troubleshoot issues that may be creating delays and identifying cost effective solutions to optimize transit times and equipment utilization within the network.
The successful candidate for the Intermodal Transportation Manager will bring the ability to think critically about existing operational processes and develop innovative solutions to drive continued performance improvements.
Intermodal Transportation Manager Job Responsibilities:
Intermodal Transportation Manager Key Qualifications:
- Organize, develop and execute the development of GTW’s Intermodal Transportation team
- Create and lead your dream team. Provide daily leadership to team; manage team effectiveness while providing support for development and career goals
- Monitor project progress and deadlines.
- Oversee the day-to-day leadership of operations and strategic functions, engaging regularly with internal fleet, logistics providers and regional partners.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and deliver innovative solutions to land new business
- Prepare spot quotes for intermodal and inland drayage freight for new and existing business partners to meet monthly and quarterly goals. Must posses a deep understanding on market and lane pricing.
- Manage execution of contracts with third party carriers. Ensure objectives are met by conducting regular audits.
- Work with senior management to create annual budgets. Directly responsible to report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually on financial performance and forecasts.
- Drive and execute profit-improvement ideas, cost-reduction initiatives and operational efficiency solutions
- Communicate organizational and functional strategy; translate into functional goals for team
Post-secondary education in Transportation or Supply Chain Management (preferred), equivalent experience could be considered.
- Project Management experience
- 5+ years of rail/intermodal transportation experience
- 5+ years in a supervisory or management role in transportation
- Demonstrated experience in managing a departmental budget
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively use Office applications, cloud based software, multitask
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
Giant Tiger Wholesale can offer a full-time permanent opportunity with medical/dental benefits, a performance bonus structure, a store discount, onsite gym access, and career growth opportunities. This position is based out of our facility in Johnstown, ON.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Click Here to Apply