REPORTING TO: Executive Vice President of Operations JOB OVERVIEW:
With overall responsibility for conducting and evaluating all fleet safety training, ensuring that our team members on board work and behave safely with the necessary skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends policies regarding program specific requirements.
• Advises leaders on the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, everyday work practices and insurance risk violations, and departmental policies.
• Ensures development, maintenance, and use of documentation relative to safety procedures for safe vehicle and equipment operations.
• Conducts driver education courses to qualify drivers for: Province of Ontario/Quebec/BC classified licence upgrades; Operation of specialized equipment/vehicles; Remedial training when required.
• Conducts collision investigations in the field and submits reports and recommendations.
• Conducts field inspections and monitors the safe and compliant operation of the vehicles and drivers for compliance with provincial and municipal laws, regulations, corporate policies and programs such as CVOR requirements.
• Maintains operational/safety manuals to ensure they reflect current technology and procedures.
• Regularly partners with insurance partners
• Execute fleet management system assessments, including system and hardware, remotely and on-site
• Manage fleet and maintenance facilities ensuring repair, overhaul and replacement programs result in lowest asset ownership costs while meeting operational requirements.
• Develop and manage metrics and reporting to drive continuous improvement and support organizational decision-making.
• Delivers classroom behavior modified based education, practical training programs and courses.
• Conducts behavior modification based training to reduce collisions and maximize road safety exposure.
• Continuously updates staff training plans, including development of skills and profiles for safe operation of vehicles/equipment. Identifies staff skill gaps, develops and evaluates related training plans.
• Ensures training and testing standards for practical and written examinations and certifications for vehicles and equipment meet regulatory standards across multiple provinces.
• Collaborates with people leaders to ensure staff complete required training related to the certified training curriculum.
• Maintain all documentation pertinent to training, reporting, and user follow-up
• Complete monthly reports highlighting individual and site strengths and opportunities for improvement related to fleet management
• Fast paced working environment • Open concept office seating
• Sitting position for extended periods
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Great Benefits Program • Training and other tools and resources for success
• Paid Time Off
• Recognition programs
• On-site Parking
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com As our Group of Companies continues to achieve great success, by providing great service, through great people, we will be actively seeking talent to join our growing team. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a criminal background check. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, and will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
|Posting Start Date:
- 5+ years of transportation / logistics experience.
- A good understanding of fleet management best practices combined with hands on compliance training experience in a multi province operation.
- Excellent teaching, training, and mentoring skills.
- Strong digital literacy and an expert user of one or more major fleet management systems (GEO Tab, Carrier’s Edge, PMTC)
- Experience in and broad knowledge of the processes, procedures and equipment used in the operation and/or maintenance of fleet vehicles/equipment.
- Experience with evaluative testing and behaviour-based training of vehicle and equipment operators.
- Qualification as a "Train the Trainer" pertaining to Commercial Motor Vehicle Operations / Heavy Equipment would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of Periodic Mandatory Commercial Vehicle Inspections (PMCVI), the Highway Traffic Act and Regulations and Commercial Vehicle Operations Registration (CVOR) programs and operations.
- A working knowledge of government legislation related to fleet operations including the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and the Ministry of Transportation and related regulations.
- Strong knowledge of collision reduction strategies.
- Experience using office systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Valid G Class driver’s license is mandatory with a minimum of 3 years driving experience
- A safe and clean driving record
- Must be flexible to work at various locations, as required. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced working environment
- Open concept office seating
- Sitting position for extended periods
||This listing expires on: 12/2/2022